this cutie was taken by Crazyegg95 in 2005 and is from flickr

lizardrinking
for the main blog of poetry, whimsy and maybe beauty, now http://theheartbeatsoftly.wordpress.com/


Monday 5 January 2009

no answers

From a journalist stationed in England who has just lost his father. His father was tending to his cows. From The Australian , but posted worldwide.

"As a grieving son, I am finding it hard to distinguish between what the Israelis call terrorists and the Israeli pilots and tank crews who are invading Gaza.
"What is the difference between the pilot who blew my father to pieces and the militant who fires a small rocket? I have no answers but, just as I am to become a father, I have lost my father.''


Later: Our prime minister has finally spoken. He had this to say:

"Australia recognises Israel's right to self-defence," Mr Rudd said on Monday. But obviously not Palestine's. Seems he has some trouble distinguishing between offence and defence, as well, and notions of reciprocality. The queen is dead, long live the queen. I didn't vote for Rudd to get a Howard carbon copy in the driving seat. What does Australia get from maintaining this position? I guess only those spouting it will ever know.

No comments:

this cutie was taken by Crazyegg95 in 2005 and is from flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyegg95/69994802/

lizardrinking