this cutie was taken by Crazyegg95 in 2005 and is from flickr

lizardrinking
for the main blog of poetry, whimsy and maybe beauty, now http://theheartbeatsoftly.wordpress.com/


Saturday 4 April 2009

take a load off annabelle



Didn't realise that Gillian Welch had done a version of this. Didn't even realise the original was the Band. Sacrilege, I know. Just felt like listening to it tonight. Ooh, now that I'm at it, I want to put the following up, too. The sound is poor. You might be able to find a million better quality, but I like watching her play and sing.



Oh my, and not Gillian, but a Swedish band, the Rainbirds, from 1989. I didn't think I'd hear this song again. I had the album, maybe I still have it. Did you learn how to swim? Song is Sea of Time



And, last one, I promise! Birthday by the Sugarcubes. I never did get a copy of this song. I remember a girl at university describing them like the Garbriel Garcia Marquez of the pop world. I saw them in Perth, a venue that has so famously gone down in indie pop history that I can't remember its name (it did have cred though - hah!). I think Bjork was tired of singing this, so I never got to hear it live. Wonderful, though.

No comments:

this cutie was taken by Crazyegg95 in 2005 and is from flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyegg95/69994802/

lizardrinking